David Brodosi is a director-level specialist that leads strategic technological innovations and operations for teaching, learning, and instructional design at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. For the past 27 years, David Brodosi served as a point of connection between teaching, pedagogy, and the use of current and emerging technologies across classrooms, online courses, active learning labs, and other learning environments. Direct oversight of instructional design, videography, AV, and technology services personnel. As the department lead, David ensures that the University’s investments in teaching and learning technologies enable, inform, and serve continuous and innovative fulfillment of the University’s teaching and learning mission.
David Brodosi works closely with senior leadership across the USFSP campus, and the University System while directing and mentoring the daily operations of the instructional design team and instructional technology services support teams. David partners with faculty, staff, and students to set strategies for creating distinctive and innovative educational experiences using technology for both brick and mortar classes as well as online courses. Maintains active connections with peer and industry partners to stay apprised of new and emerging academic technologies that directly inform innovation and investments in education. Continuously builds relationships with curricular leadership and teaching faculty to support and further develop an institutional vision for educational technologies.
- Research, develop and recommend prioritization, budgeting, and resource planning in support of delivering world-class technology-enhanced learning spaces and educational technology solutions at USFSP.
- Conduct needs assessment of staffing and resources to support educational technologies and proposed a model for a productive, energetic, responsive, and diverse team to support the University’s increasing technological needs and expectations. Provided leadership for implementing technology that helps develop innovative course content and new teaching & learning experiences.
- Promote and support teaching and learning innovations at the University; actively serve as an advisor for faculty, students and staff on best practices for integrating technology into teaching and learning and propose solutions for the same.
- Champion the needs of the University; serve as the liaison to internal and external resources and partners, representing interests in our administrative systems and other services.
- Oversee USFSP’s centralized AV Support for over 80 academic spaces. Expand and enhance support levels to consistent delivery through evaluation and best practices recommendations and implementation.
- Represent University at national consortiums and maintain an active presence in professional learning networks such as AVIXA and Educause.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of employees assigned to the department. Responsible for recruiting and selecting, developing and coaching, rewarding and retaining, and optimizing talent.